Monday, January 26, 2009

Please Just Pray

This is a direct copy from what I emailed to my pastor today to send a prayer request to my church. Please pray for me and for my Baby Jude.
I just got back from the doctor's office, and I have an update on Baby Jude. Today, they had an even harder time than normal finding Jude's heartbeat because my heart was beating so fast, and his was beating more slowly than usual. Because they couldn't find it with the doppler, they did a quick ultrasound to make sure he was still there. He was. He still was wiggling a little, and still had a heartbeat. Unfortunately, the news is still very, very bad. Jude's bladder is now three times as large as his head. The doctor says that there is no way that I will go to term (we knew that before), but there is now no way that I will be able to deliver a live baby. Jude's bladder will continue to grow until it compresses the heart and stops the heart from beating. At that point, they will deliver. Right now, we don't have an estimate on when that will happen. No matter what, because of the size of his abdomen, and because he is in a breech position, they will have to do a c-section to deliver.
Because of all this new information, my prayer request is changing. Please ask for God to help us make it through this time, but also ask Him to help the time come swiftly. This whole situation has been so hard, and now that there is absolutely no hope for a live baby, I want him to be with Jesus.
Thank you for all the prayers so far. We wouldn't be making it through this situation without the love and support of our New Springs family.

No comments: